1. Do I have to be a resident of Ridgefield to become a member or sign up for programs?
No, you do not. We offer non-resident rates (click here to view them). Anyone may sign up for our programs and either pay the member rate or non-member rate.
2. Do I have to sign a one year contract?
Yes, we require the signing of a one year contract. You may choose either to pay the membership in full or sign up for our monthly pay service. If you sign up for the monthly pay service, there is a one-time $24 credit card processing fee.
3. I signed up for one level of membership, but want to change the level of membership within the one year. Can I?
Yes, you may change your level of membership at any time. You need to do so in writing.
4. Can I put a hold on my membership?
You may only put a hold on your membership with a physician’s note. We do not offer membership holds for “snow birds” or people who only want to use their memberships seasonally.
5. Can I pay a drop-in fee to lap swim if I am not a member?
No, you may not. We have a limited number of lap swim lanes that are only available to either Lap Swim or All-Inclusive Members. These members are allowed to use their guest passes to bring a non-member with them to the lap lanes.
6. Can my 15-year-old child exercise in the Wellness Center if he/she is accompanied by an adult?
No, you must be 16 or older to use the Wellness Center.
7. Can I bring my personal trainer in the Wellness Center to work with me?
No, we can provide you with qualified trainers.
8. Can I drop my child off at the Recreation Center?
You may only drop off your child at the Recreation Center if he/she is 12 years old or older. All children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult (ages 16+).
9. Am I required to accompany my child in the pool?
An adult must accompany any non-swimmer in the pool.
10. Can I stay on the pool deck and watch my child’s swim lesson?
You are allowed to stay on the pool deck during the first week of your child’s swim lesson. After that, we ask that you please wait behind the glass in the observation area. This is due to safety reasons. If you have another child in recreation swim (not in a lesson), we ask that you do stay on the pool deck for children under the age of 12.
11. Can I get a partial refund if my child drops out of swim lessons after the start date?
A child may withdraw from swim lessons and receive a refund only for medical reasons stated in a physician’s note.
12. Can I continue to swim in the pool and at Martin Park Beach if there is lightning and thunder?
No, safety is always our top priority. It would be impossible to guarantee that a direct strike would not find a way through any grounding and cause serious harm. At the first sign of thunder or lightning, our pools and beach will be evacuated and safety protocols will be followed.
13. Why do I have to wait 30 minutes after the last thunder to re-enter the beach or pools?
Lightning has been proven to make strikes from as far as 5 miles away. Lightning may also visit from the back end of a passing storm.
14. Can I pay a drop-in rate to use the Spray Bay?
Yes, our $10/per person Recreation Swim drop-in rate allows you to enjoy both the pool and the Spray Bay. Please remember, that a parent must pay the $10 rate if their child is a non-swimmer.